Den Haag, Netherlands
|April 22, 2023 - May 07, 2023||1 weeks|
|October 14, 2023 - October 22, 2023||1 weeks|
|July 08, 2024 - August 15, 2024||2 weeks|
2023 is booked already for summer but 2024 we are open for options
Beautiful family house the centre of THE HAGUE, Netherlands close to beach
OPEN FOR Spring break and other
We have a beautifull townhouse in the centre of The Hague and near the sea. Just 30 min drive from Amsterdam. We live in a pleasant and large house (built in 1900) with a garden, where we can sit and relax with a glass of wine.Our kitchen and living room both give access to our nice garden. The garden is equipped with a sitting, lounge and dining area with a gas fired BBQ.
Our home has three floors. The main floor features a living room (salon), dining room and a kitchen. The living room has a piano. The first floor has three rooms. The masterbedroom has a king size bed and its own bathroom with shower and bad. The toilet is seperated. In the front of the house is a bedroom.(single bed). The second floor has 2 rooms.one for TV/DVD, and one bedroom (single bed). This floor also has a bathroom with toilet.
Both childeren sleep in a normal size bed (80x200 cm). We live close to the citycentre (1 km), the beach (Scheveningen 2 km), the highway (Amsterdam is just a half hour drive). Visit Leiden (university town)and Delft with the historical centre. Rotterdam, the harbour, the Zoo. The Hague has a lot to offer, musea, restaurants, culture, parcs etc. It's a very suitable city for children with the beach nearby and lots of parcs and playing grounds.
We, Leo (laywyer) and Eline (government official) have 2 children (girl and boy) and we like our city and street very much. 2 minutes from our house is a parc which we call 'our backyard', 5 minutes (by bike) is a nice shopping-street.
We live in a fabulous neighborhood. Our neighbors are extremely friendly and helpful Our house is perfect for families (with 2-3 children); there are lots of interesting things to do. There are many activities for children in the town and at the beach.
We have a house cleaner who comes once a week.
Bikes are available (this is a wonderful biking town).
Information about The Hague
The Hague is the seat of the Dutch government and parliament, but the city is not the capital of the Netherlands (that is Amsterdam). Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands lives at a Palace near our house in The Hague and you can walk there, a nice stroll!
The Hague includes two distinct beach resorts: Scheveningen (a popular destination for tourists (children) as well as for inhabitants) and Kijkduin.
* Madurodam is a miniature city, containing hundreds of scale-models of Dutch landmarks in a typically Dutch miniature landscape. (10 minutes by bike from our house) very nice for children
* The Mauritshuis exhibits many paintings by Dutch masters, such as Johannes Vermeer, Rembrandt van Rijn and Paulus Potter.
* The Escher Museum is located in the former Royal Palace on the Lange Voorhout. very nice for children since there is playground within the museum
* Museum Gevangenpoort (lit. the "Prison Gate") is a former prison housed in a 15th century gatehouse, with genuine mediaeval dungeons and torture chambers.
* The Gemeentemuseum (Municipal museum) is home to the world’s largest collection of works by the Dutch painter Piet Mondriaan as well as other modern art.
* Panorama Mesdag houses a cylindrical 360° "panoramic" painting, 14 meters high by 120 meters long,
* July: Jazz in de Gracht is an intercultural two-day event hosting Jazz groups which perform their music on flat-bottom boats and in bars in various places between Passantenhaven and Zuidwal.
* July & August: The city hosts a series of weekly firework displays by the sea front in Scheveningen, as part of an international fireworks festival and competition.
Going out with kids http://www.theotherhalf.nl/Out_children.html
Festivals in The Hague http://www.thehaguefestivals.com/en/
Tourist info http://www.the-hague.info/tourist/
We have swaped already twice our house (Spain and Germany)
- 2 Adults
- 2 Children
- 15 Exchanges made
- lawyer &
- governmental official
- House Type: House
- Floor: 3
- Environment: By the sea
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Sleeping Capacity: 5
In my house
- Pets - Not allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Non-simultaneous exchange
- Home exchange
- Free internet access
- Computer available
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Park / playground
- Bicycles: 3
- No smoking
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- United Kingdom
- United States
- lawyer &
- governmental official
- Boy - Age: 14
- Girl - Age: 17
About Our Family
we are a family of 4± Leo 52, ELine 50 and Merel 16 years old and MAxim 14 years old We are a sportive family that likes to travel but we also love our cosy home in The Hague
This member has completed 15 home exchanges. Those referenced below may contain feedback/impression from its exchange partners: